- RPE Units
- Collaborators & Patners
- Electronic Resources
- Customer Feedback
2013 Commonwealth Scholarship – Kenya
Application deadline: 30 June 2013
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which member governments offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries. The CSFP was established at the first Commonwealth education conference in 1959 and is reviewed by education ministers at their triennial meetings – the only scholarship scheme in the world to receive such high-level recognition.
The CSFP was set up to provide a framework through which any Commonwealth government could offer scholarships or career development opportunities to citizens of other Commonwealth countries. The five main principles of the Plan, laid down at the time of its formation, are that it would:
- be distinct and additional to any other schemes
- be based on mutual cooperation and the sharing of educational experience among all Commonwealth countries
- be flexible, to take account of changing needs over time
- be Commonwealth-wide, and based on a series of bilateral arrangements between home and host countries
- recognise and promote the highest level of intellectual achievement
Supported by the CSFP endowment fund
University of Nairobi
Level and subject of study
A two-year Master’s degree programme in any subject offered by the university
- Be citizens of any Commonwealth country except Kenya
- Hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed
1 Commonwealth Scholarship is available. Applications should be submitted to national nominating agencies in the first instance.
Please complete the form above and submit it to your national nominating agency by the application deadline.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an application form for the proposed university of study in addition to their scholarship application.
For more information, visit http://www.csfp-online.org/fund/kenya.htm