- RPE Units
- Collaborators & Patners
- Electronic Resources
- Customer Feedback
Prof. Irungu is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Production and Extension) at the University of Nairobi. She is responsible for advancing the University’s research profile, research training, technology and innovation, and commercialisation and uptake of research outcomes.
Prof. Irungu holds a BSc in Entomology (Nairobi), an MSc in Entomology and Applied Parasitology and a PhD in Entomology, both from the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool. She was the Principal of the College of Biological and Physical Sciences, University of Nairobi before her current appointment as the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Production and Extension).
(020)3318261 Ext. 28711
Prof. Julius Mwangi is the Coordinator, Intellectual Property Management Office. He is a professor of Pharmacognosy in the School of Pharmacy, College of Health Sciences. He has been a member of the Board of Kenya Industrial Proprty Institute and currently in the Kenya Copyright Board and has a strong interest in intellectual property issues for last 13 year.
Prof. Mwangi has 57 scientific publications in local and international journals and has presented about 50 conference and seminar papers, 18 of which have been on Intellectual property. He has also attended many conferences and training on intellectual property and patenting.
Prof Ogara is an Associate Professor in the Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology. His area of specialization is in Veterinary Public Health and has special interest in meat hygiene including slaughter of domestic animals and wildlife, meat and meat products, production quality control and purveyance.
Prof. Njenga Prof. Njenga is a holder of Doctor of Philosophy in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Nairobi and an Associate Professor of Chemistry, from the Department of Chemistry.
- Water chemistry
- Water quality monitoring and risk assessment
- Water purification and treatment
- Deflouridation of water
- Solid waste management and treatment
- Environmental chemistry
- Development of analytical methods for fluoride and other anions in different samples
- Bioavailability of trace elements
- Coordination of chemistry occupation health and safety issues
Research and Extension
Prof. Madara Ogot joined the RPE team as the Director, Research and Extension, effective June 1, 2016. Prof. Ogot, a faculty member from the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, graduated from Princeton University in 1987 with a BSE (Hons) and from the Pennsylvania State University in 1991 with an MSc and PhD in Mechanical Engineering. He joined the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Rutgers University in August of the same year. In 1997, Prof. Ogot received an MBA from the Rutgers Graduate School of Management. In 2014 he received a PhD in Business Administration (specializing in Strategic Management) from the University of Nairobi.
Previously held positions
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) at Maseno University (2011 - 2014)
- Managing Director of the University of Nairobi EnterprisesEnterprises and Services Ltd (UNES) (20016 - 2011)
Science and Technology Park
Dr. Ayah, is a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Nairobi. He holds Masters degree in Health Policy, Planning and Financing, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and London School of Economics.
Other key roles:
- Focal person of Africa Hub Project
- Programme Coordinator M.Sc. Health Systems Management.
- Has published number of articles and been consultant for MOH, WHO, UNFPA and UNICEF.
- Author of textbook for medical students, ‘Introduction to Public Health’.
- Author of book, ‘ Community Sourced Recipes for Everyday Healthy Living.
- Writes a regular Monday column in the Star newspaper on health matters
Acting Managing Director
Mr. Josphat Kirimani holds a B.A. (Hons) and a Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication, both from the University of Nairobi. Mr Kirimani specializes in communication and has special interest in editing and publishing.
Director, Information and Library Services