- RPE Units
- Collaborators & Patners
- Electronic Resources
- Customer Feedback
Research Professional Africa
The University of Nairobi has subscribed to Research Professional Africa, a funding platform that provides researchers, academics and postgraduate students access to sorted and sieved funding opportunities.
The platform provides subscribers access to comprehensive, authoritative and appropriately highlighted information of over 40,000 research funding opportunities globally to enable sustained research for African development. In addition, an African staffed newsroom covers the African science, policy and research funding news relevant to Research Africa readers.
The types of funding opportunities that can be searched for via www.researchprofessional.com include: scholarships, fellowships (early career, mid-career and senior), research grants, innovation grants, networking/collaboration opportunities, travel grants, hosting conference grants, publication grants, capacity building grants, research collaboration calls and development funding from local and global funders of research and development projects in Africa.
Registered users can receive alerts based on individual disciplines and the type of grants that are of interest via e-mail. Users can search for various grant opportunities specific to their chosen discipline and research projects. Also included in the platform is the Research Africa funding analysis online news bulletin in the following areas:
- “Institutional profiles" where Research Africa looks at the funds paid out by a particular funder to Africans, reporting on where the money has ended up and why;
- “Grant analysis” looking at the outcomes of key funding rounds in Africa;
- “My first grant” interviews with African academics telling the story of how they started out;
- “Q&As” with senior funding managers regarding best practice and changes in funding priorities.
- Research Africa also highlights selected funding opportunities and innovative funding schemes in the news, as well as research related jobs and conferences/events that are relevant to African and global readers.
Research Professional Africa is an essential online resource for researchers, students, academics, innovation managers, development officers and policymakers in Africa.
Access to this platform is a valuable tool to grow our research.
For further information or assistance contact:
Mrs. Rosemary Omwandho/Ms. Susan Muchina
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Production & Extension)
Tel. 3318262 Ext 28730 or 28207