Application deadline: Wednesday July 20, 2016
Applications are invited for the 2nd Edition of the Science by Women programme. The programme is an initiative of the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA) and is designed to foster capacity of women researchers and scientists to tackle great challenges faced by Africa through research in health, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change as well as mathematics and economic science.
The programme enables African women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to knowledge-based and innovation led economy through research that can be transferred into products and technologies having impact on people’s lives.
The Science by Women programme is a collaboration with Spanish ‘Severo Ochoa’ Centres for Excellence. The Centres are the
- Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO, www.cnio.es),
- the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO, www.icfo.eu),
- the Spanish National Centre for Biotechnology (CNB, www.cnb.csic.es)
- the Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII, www.isciii.es)
- the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (ICMAT, www.icmat.es )
- the Centre for Genomic Regulation (www.crg.es)
- the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (www.barcelonagse.eu).